Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does The Digit-al Dozen!

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday!  This week the Digit-al Dozen has flat lost it's mind.  I kid you not.  We are doing what I think is the hardest challenge we've ever done.  This week we are recreating a Digit-al Dozen mani done by a Digit-al Dozen member past and present during a Digit-al Dozen week.  Say that fast three times for crying out loud!  

So what's so hard about this challenge.  Well for one we have a lot of really good talent.  We have a lot of exceptional free hand artists as well as exceptional stamping artists and I think it's hard for someone to want to recreate a free hand if you are a stamper or try to stamp if you are a free hand artist.  And we have a lot of members.  While 12 is in our title we always have a good 20 in our group.  And we are choosing past or present members--that's a lot of mani's!!! WHAT WE WERE THINKING!?!

While I think every single person in our group is amazing I had to do something I thought I could do and do well and because we also only have 5 days to do it in there's a lot of really fab mani's I had to leave behind.  Thankfully there's always a Monkey See Monkey Do Monday right around the corner LOL!

For my first design I actually chose one of my all time favorite mani's done by Sheila of Pointless Cafe.  Sheila is an exceptional free hand artist and she has a flair for color.  She knows what looks great and she always does an amazing job.  Today I recreated her Red Riding Hood mani from our Fairy Tales week
I just loved the starkness of this mani by her when I first saw it and am so glad I got to create it

Here they are side by side, different yet the same

I think I'm off to a good start on this week!  But it's only day 1 LOL!  I'm going to go and check out what everyone else wanted to recreate!


3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is so cool! I love the spooky feel of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your take on Sheila's mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on this - you did such a good job making that red hood pop in the graphic black and white. So cool!

    ReplyDelete