Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Childhood--Golden Birthday!

Hi Everyone! Happy Hump Day! I hope everyone has been enjoying our Childhood theme so far this week.  I know I sure have been.  I want to thank those of you commenting on Facebook and Instagram as well as here and letting me know how much you enjoy the story I am giving behind my mani's.  It makes me feel good to know people read what I have on here and not just check out the nails LOL!

On my Golden Birthday which was when I turned 12 my Grandma & Grandpa Welch bought me a purple bowling ball, purple bowling bag and purple bowling shoes.  It was the coolest thing ever!  Back then I was on a bowling league with my sister Lisa and two of our cousins--Debbie and Krissy.  The name of our team was The Kissin' Cousins!!  Oh yeah the girls were nice enough to let me get an Elvis movie name in there BUT since we were cousins it was the best name!  We really had a lot of fun.  I was the best bowler out of all of us and I would continue to bowl for years to come.  But I will never forget how cool it was to get that ball, bag and shoes from my grandparents.  The purple bowling ball was SO cool and had swirls of purple and white in it. 

I wish I still had it but since that was 40 years ago that sucker is long gone. Luckily I remember what it looked like!  After a failed water marble attempt (because hey let's face it what's room temperature water to people in Wisconsin is not room temperature to people in Arizona AND my bottles of polish feel like they've been in the fridge because it's April and I don't care how cold it is outside the heat is not on) I decided to listen to the Oh Wise One Amber from  Nails Like Lace told me to dry marble.  I thought pffft I can't ever get that to work  because it never peels off the  baggie.  But then I decided to try it on one of the  left over plastic sleeves my plates always come in and EUREKA!  Amber is a freaking genius!

So here the are!  My Golden Birthday purple bowling ball nails!
How cool is this????
My hands never touched water!!!!! I didn't have to put on any liquid latex!
I'm not going to lie I did have to wait several hours for it to dry so you could easily peel it up off the plastic BUT it was well worth it!
All I did was paint stripes with the polishes I used a couple of purples and then white.  I took a toothpick after I had as many lines as I wanted on my plastic and I did figure out swirls through the lines.  I waited for it to dry then peeled it off with a tweezers and cut the large sheet into decal size and just applied to my nails.  I smoothed out any wrinkles and then applied my Seche Vite. That's how easy it is!

I'm heading over to check out what everyone else came up with for their 3rd day of Childhood!



12 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I love the story too!! I've never heard of a golden birthday! It sounds like you had some really great times! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bee here we say your golden birthday when you turn the age of the date you were born on. Since my birthday is February 12th my golden birthday was when I turned 12

      Delete
  2. Love these! I want to try it now. And I love that you can bowl...that's so fun! I'm terrible so it always impresses me when someone can bowl something other than a gutter ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My highest game ever was a 279 it was quite exciting!

      Delete
  3. This is SO COOL!! Oh my gosh, I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool are these nails, and I love the name of your bowling team, how cute. Plus how can you go wrong with purple plus water marble, let alone a cleaner method.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dry marbling! I can so see this being on a bowling ball!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of the golden birthday either! But this is one of my favorite manis you've ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great thing to pay homage to, and i can totally imagine the bowling ball with these swirls

    ReplyDelete
  8. The marble is gorgeous. I love the colors and everything about it! You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete