Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring in my step

Hi Everyone!  I am happy to report I am hardly coughing the past two days!  OMG this cold from hell is finally on the run!  Man this sucker was brutal.  I still have the occasional coughing fit that I can't really stop once it's starts but I know it's just my body's way of getting rid of the residual crap in my lungs.  My voice is still a little janked and my throat is strained but still I am finally feeling good.  

And thank goodness too, this Saturday I have the epic meal of corned beef to make and spend quality time with the family.  I would also really love to spend time with my friend Emily on Sunday doing nails and listening to her play the piano and talking (okay arguing) about who's hotter Ben Affleck or Jason Momoa.  I mean come on Emily we all know it's Jason Momoa!

Since I am feeling better I decided to do just a nice little Spring mani to  cheer me up even more.  We had a 60 degree day here last week but now we are back down to the 40's.  No worries, it's been nice a sunny out and almost all of our snow has melted!

My base is actually a failed franken dupe of mine.  I thought I could dupe Illamasqua's Raindrops with SH Glass Slipper and ChG Pelican Spray but while it looks great in the bottle you really can't see any of the flakies in the polish.  It's still a pretty color though.  
I used one of my new Uber Chic plates--1-03 with some Mundo de Unas stamping in Iris.
Sometimes you don't need a fancy gradient or holos or glitters to make a really lovely manicure!
Just some nice tone on tone stamping will do nicely

Here's a close up pic where you can sort of see the flakies in the basecoat but again nothing like the original Raindrops so to me this one is called a fail 

I'm not really sure if we are actually moving into Spring or not.  It's been known to snow in both March and April here so only time will tell.  But I for one and am enjoying this weather we have right now!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment