Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Texture--the greatest sacrifice of all

Hi Everyone--a blessed Good Friday to you all.  For those of us who are Christian today is Good Friday, the day when our Savior took upon the sins of the world and died in order to give us everlasting life.  When I was a young girl growing up I knew nothing about making sacrifices.  You get to live a pretty carefree life when you're young.   As you grow older you start to understand choices and sacrifices and how in life sometimes we don't have a choice and sacrifices have to be made.

Most of us don't have huge life altering choices and sacrifices to make.  Sometimes it's simply I don't have enough money for the this expensive Dior polish so instead I'll buy this similar color in a cheaper brand.  Sometimes it's well we have to eat this month so no nail polish for me.  It could even be do I want to stay up and watch every episode of Doctor Who with David Tennant or do I want to get some sleep?

The sacrifice Jesus made on Good Friday was to die for all of us, so that we would have eternal life--something I never feel quite worthy of, but something I am so grateful for.  The sacrifice he made for me means one day I will be reunited with my sister and my dad--this sacrifice means so much more to me now that I have lost part of my family.

So today, on this last day of Texture week for the Digit-al Dozen I am able to express in my heart and on my fingers this joyous day
He was the one true King and they mocked him by putting a crown of thorns upon his head, yet still he died to save them.  Still he died to save us all.

I hope you all enjoyed Textured Week and seeing our new faces to the Digit-al Dozen group.  I think it's been one of our best weeks ever!


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, and beautiful nails! Hope you have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these so much! I'm speechless. Just amazing. Thank you for these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a creative and beautiful design. Happy Good Friday to you, and happy Easter. Hosanna, he is risen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a perfect mani for Good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a well-written and moving post Laurie! I like the 3D crown accent. Hope you had a Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This manicure is pretty amazing. I hope you had a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete