Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Digit-al Dozen Does Vintage--Calico!

Hi Everyone!  I'm trying to get caught up here!  I guess my busy life is finally catching up to me!!

Tonight I'm sharing a print that reminds me of my grandma and my great-grandma.  My great-grandma was an excellent seamstress and she sewed alot of dresses for me growing up.  She and my grandma would take me with them to the fabric store and sometimes they let me pick what I liked best.  When we were younger the 3 of us girls and mom included often had matching outfits to wear!  The reality of that is both awesome and horrifying--trust me!

When I think of calico print I think of Laura Ingalls Wilder and times from Little House On The Prairie.  I think of white bonnets and open fields.  But I also think of the sweet Great-Grandma Grove hunched over her ancient Singer sewing machine making something for us girls so that my parents didn't have to spend a fortune on dresses.

Tiny little white flowers with pink centers over a base of Revlon Royal and Darling Diva Denim Mittens and I'm transported back in time!

I haven't even had time to check out what everyone else has done the past couple of days so make sure you stop over with me to see what's up!

5 comments:

  1. That is so cute... and I love the inspiration behind it. My grandmother made dresses for me too! The one that stands out most in my mind is a red and white striped one, with a lace bit in front and a picture of a duck :D My mother put matching red and white ribbons in my hair with it and it was so cute it makes you sick (haha). What stamp did you use, if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic mani! I thought of my grandma for the challenge too; she did a lot of quilting...but it seemed like too much work for a mani to try to make a quilt so I picked other designs lol. I think it would be cute to have all matching outfits...but can totally see the other side of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is well cut and put together solidly. I will say that it is not the best quality of material, but it does not look cheap. Great purchase and price point, so I would buy again!
    Vera Wang Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete