Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

A matte doesn't have to be flat!

Hi Everyone!!! Today's challenge in the Adventures In Stamping group is something matte.  Recently I've gotten a few of the new Pure Ice velvets which I also refer to as suedes AND I love them!  They are super delicious and apply like a dream and look like a dream AND for under $2!  Today I decided to gradient Ruffled Sheet (the silver) and Black Velour (yes you guessed it, the black)

Here's how the look together

Pretty yummy!!! I was really happy with this gradient and let me tell you it's not easy to gradient with mattes!

I had a hard time thinking about what to stamp over this--red, black, silver?  I actually tried Zoya Posh and it was a no go.  I settled for white using my DRK-A plate



Looks pretty good from a distance but you can see how unforgiving matte is!  I had to restamp a section of the white on my ring finger and it didn't line up well AND my pink smeared!


All in all this is a pretty cool mani I think. 


What do you think????

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

5 comments: