Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

When mani's attack episode 17!

Hi Readers!  Have you ever done something when you should have just stopped at step 1?  Today is a lesson in that for sure!  I recently got some OPI Shatters from from fab friend Silver over at The Silvernator.  Apparently, fool that she is, she's not a fan of shatter! I know right????! I love her but she is cray-cray!  I got a lovely bottle of Turquoise Shatter from her my bad because I didn't know there was an OPI Turquoise Shatter and it's freaking gorgeous!  I really wanted to use this bad boy immediately so I set off trying to think of some great color combinations for it.  I decided to do something with my Zoya Beaches and chose Wednesday (mostly because I get a kick out of that name) and Tracie.  I mean honestly is this not a gorgeous gradient in which to start your day?
These are just yummy colors together!
Next up the Turquoise Shatter
Ruh-ro Where did my gradient go?


Remember my failed Illamasqua and Clarins 230 mani? I thought hey maybe I can McGuyver this sucker with some gold stamping so I hauled out Passion and stamped over it--um silly me I didn't take pics of that carnage.  I tried to save it yet again by stamping over it AGAIN with black. 


UG! Check out this monstrosity
Really what is this thing????
This is DEFINITELY not one of my finer manicure moments that's for sure!


Here's it is good, bad, worse LOL!



Sometimes it's best to stop when you're ahead which in this case would have been the gradient LOL!!!


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

9 comments:

  1. LOL! Love the title! The overall look doesn't look terrible! It's just very far off from the original gradient, which was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol great idea at least! :) gradient does look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I enjoy reading posts like this, because then I know I'm not the only one who does tricks like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they work--this time they didn't lol!

      Delete
  4. lol, love you for posting this - thank god we ALL have days like this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promised when I started blogging I was going to post everything even the crap lol!!

      Delete
  5. It is so nice to hear that this happens to someone other than me, I loved the gradient!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie I loved this gradient alot. I'm going to try it again and hopefully it will work!

      Delete