Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Stamping Challenge--Unnatural Animals!

Hi Readers! This Sunday's challenge in Adventures In Stamping on Facebook the vote was for unnatural animals!!  Holy cow as if this hasn't been done before a zillion times ie holographic zebras and neon leopards BUT it's always so much fun.  And because holographic zebras and neon leopards have been done before I wanted something totally different.  I went with green zebras AND leopards lol!
I used some lovely greens for this gradient, China Glaze Cha Cha Cha, Missha HGR01, and OPI Cuckoo For This Color.  I also stamped with Cuckoo!
I just can't get over how cool this looks!
Here's the lovely thing about the Missha--IT'S A DUOCHROME!  It flashes from a green to a lovely cool blue!  I did an accent nail of just the Missha on my ring finger and then stamped with Cuckoo For This Color.  In this pic you can see the color shift if you look up in the top corner on the nail
I'm really in love with this mani!
If you're going to go unnatural you might as go BALLZ to the wall!
Here's a picture of the colors I used for this mani
For my "unnatural" zebra I gradiented using a base of China Glaze Cha Cha Cha and then sponged Cha Cha Cha, Missah HGBR01 and OPI Cuckoo For This Color and then stamped using BM221.  for my "unnatural" leopard I did a base of Missha HGR01 and then stamped with Cuckoo For This Color using BM223.

I did a little searching on my fave Google for some green zebra images.  I mean maybe green zebras are real!!  Check out what I found!  I saw this image on Our Chicago's Food Blog!
OMG THEY ARE REAL!! Seriously though this green zebra is courtesy of a vegetarian restaurant in Chicago called you guessed it The Green Zebra!! Check them out here!  My bestie Sandi lives near Chi Town I think we might have to check this place out!

Are you a fan of the "unnatural" animal print mani's?? Or unnatural animals in general??  I think we all know how much I love mermaid tail manis!  How about you readers what kind of animal print floats your boat?

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! They're so fresh & juicy looking ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen--I think they are juicy delicious too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I guess I couldn't go wrong with a gradient and a duochrome!!

      Delete
  3. I love this, it's really pretty. I am a huge fan of unnatural animal prints, particularly rainbow but I think they look good any color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I think animal print is always going to be my "go to" mani. You can switch it up so many cool ways.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! Love how vibrant this is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so fun and fresh! I love this color twist :3 Also, I still don't understand how everyone is so good at gradietns >_<;;; I must practice more but stil am failing lol. Love your looks and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loool a green zebra place! I love your combination!! :D**

    ReplyDelete