Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Breakfast of Champions!

Hi Readers!  You know the phrase a day late and dollar short--sometimes I feel like that's the story of my life lol!   I am just now FINALLY getting around to trying the poptart nails or jelly sandwich as some like to call them. Amber from My Nail Graffiti did this cool post awhile ago.  I've been meaning to try it and decided to give it a whirl today.  Of course I had to give it a little twist!
Can you tell which ones are my favorite????
I'm not going to lie readers I love anything cherry!  Cherry Turnovers, cherry pie, cherry lip balm, cherry jello, cherry koolaid AND cherry poptarts!
To make my "pop tart" I used 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow and then one coat of Confetti Tasmanian Devil.  I applied a thin coat of a white jelly I frankened myself using clear and white--yep that's a franken anyone can do!  I topped it with Essie's Matte topcoat Matte About U and then decided to add the super cute cherries!  This is from a GCOCL plate I found on ebay last year.  I love the look of the matte jelly sandwich!
So now the real question is, readers, do you toast your Pop Tarts or eat them "raw"  I like mine either way!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

10 comments:

  1. Laurie, your nails are looking fantastic.
    **I don't like Pop Tarts** sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For shame Carolina!!! Pop Tarts especially the cherry ones are AWESOME!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! I prefer my pop tarts toasted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute nails!! I do not toast mine :) I also love anything cherry, my mom used to make me a cherry pie for my bday instead of a cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Jackie I could so get down with a cherry pie for my birthday!

      Delete
  4. I have still not done this jelly sandwich this. It's definitely something I want to do in the future though!

    And just to be the bummer, I do not like poptarts. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, the cherry is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete