Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Adventures In Stamping Sunday Challenge--Triple Threat!

Hi Readers!  The stamping challenge for this Sunday was sooooooo close!  The choices were A. Stamping Over a Gradient  B.  Multiple Images or Plates and C. Wild Animals.  Because it was so close it was decided you go do either A or B but a few of us decided to do the triple threat--stamping multiple animal images over a gradient lol!  I LoVE how mine turned out!
I've seen the animal print image on BM225 and never really new what it was.  At first I thought it was a cheetah but when I did my difference between the leopard and cheetah mani a long time ago and discovered the cheetah's marking does not look like this at all.  I'm talking about the image on my index finger.  I asked some of my friends what they thought it might be and my friend Claude said hyena!!! Yep I'm going with that a hyena.  So we have here the hyena, the "liger", the leopard and the giraffe!
I hauled out my Leopard foil ring to see how it would look with this mani
I don't like it!  the colors don't match lol!
Check out the right hand, it looks as good as the left!
I used a ton of polishes to get this look readers.  My gradient was done doing 2 coats of China Glaze FYI over my basecoat.  Then I sponged China Glaze It's My Turn a little more than half way up the nail from the tips.  On the tips I put my dark brown holo franken named SPUD.  I used Konad black to stamp the hyena and leopard image.  Over the giraffe I used an ancient Mary Kay polish I had called French Roast for the for the "liger" I used China Glaze Unplugged.  Here's a pic of the polishes I used
The stamping images are as follows the giraffe is BM215, the hyena is BM225, the "liger is M78, and the leopard is BM221.
I made this really lovely collage in picnik
BUT since Picnik is closing I decided to mess around with the collage feature in Picasa and look at how nice it turned out!
What do you think readers?  Was I successful with the triple threat of multiple wild animals over a gradient? I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

14 comments:

  1. ilove it!! i love the mani, but even more, i lvoe that you have a polish called SPUD ha ha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie one day I shall tell you the story of SPUD lol!

      Delete
  2. My favorite is the giraffe! Lol, the liger. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the giraffe too!!!! It's my fave next to the hyena!

      Delete
  3. Ohhh!! I love the look of this! The triple threat is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looooooove! I especially love the pinky and thumb :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the giraffe look so much I plan on doing a full mani with it!

      Delete
  5. What an awesomely fun mani. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! I especially love the pinky! :)

    ReplyDelete